Becoming a leader in today’s fire service takes hard work and dedication. Being recognized for the work and dedication isn’t always easy. But the IAFC-Southeastern Division understands the hard work and dedication it takes to get there and we want to reward you by inviting you to become part of a network of leaders. As a member of the IAFC, you are among peers. You are among colleagues who understand the dedication it took to get you here. We also want to celebrate this success with you!
You deserve to become a member! You’ve earned it!
Here’s a sampling of some of the benefits that come along with an IAFC membership!
- IAFC KnowledgeNet, your online community for engaging with fellow members, seeking out answers and sharing solutions. Members are set up automatically with a profile.
- Timely member alerts reporting on critical information and latest trends
- Notification and analysis of federal grant opportunities
- Concise summaries of fire service legislation and regulations
- Operations and administrative resources
- Recommended best practices and action plans
- Mentor program for company officers
- Electronic subscription to IAFC Bugle Brief
- Electronic and print subscriptions to IAFC On Scene (Affiliate members receive the electronic version only.)
- Receive notices about opportunities for education and training
- Save on registration for all IAFC conferences:
(Does not apply to “Basic” members)
- Participate in webinars, videos and podcasts about a variety of topics
- Save on training and leadership publications and guides through Jones & Bartlett and FireServiceBooks
– See more at: https://www.iafc.org/membership/member-benefits#sthash.aUiTr5O9.dpuf
- 24/7 access to online reports, checklists, templates and other resources
- Knowing you have a trusted source for information and best practices
- Keeping current with the latest news and trends in the fire service
- Turning to your peers for help at any time on any issue
- Having an advocate in Washington for the funding and support you need
- – See more at: https://www.iafc.org/membership/member-benefits#sthash.aUiTr5O9.dpuf
In addition to these benefits, IAFC members also receive special savings from our affinity partners.
The Southeastern Division also offers it’s own unique benefits exclusive to the SE Division members
- Opportunity to serve on the regional board of directors by appointment from our state association partner. We proudly partner with 10 states and 2 provinces.
- Recognition of our members such as Fire Chief of the Year; Lifetime Achievement Award; Service Award; President’s Award just to name a few. These are awarded annually and presented live during the annual leadership conference
- Opportunity to serve on local committees who work closely with the state and regional associations. Examples of committees and task forces: legislative committee, recruitment and retention committee, professional development committee
- Workshops and training seminars that are strategically located within our 10 state geographical area
- Online newsletter published monthly
- President’s Forum which addresses local issues from state to state. Issues that affect our region
- Discounts to our members on products and services you use.